Community of Care has several annual events. Be sure to check her often for details on those events.
Giving Hearts Day
Giving Hearts Day 2018 is Thursday, Feb. 8th. Your support on Feb. 8th will assist a "Grandma or Grandpa" continue to live in the rural Cass home and community they love and cherish. You can donate in several way...
- Go to givingheartsday.org on February 8th. Select Community of Care and make your secure donation
- Mail a check payable to Community of Care by February 7th. Checks MUST BE DATED FEB. 8, 2018. Send your check to
PO Box 73 Casselton, ND 58012 or PO Box 187 Arthur, ND 58006
- Drop off a check off at our office by February 8th
- Stop in our offices - Arthur (in the mall) or Casselton (in First State Bank of ND) for some goodies
Can we COUNT on you to make a donation on Giving Hearts Day?
Will you SHARE this with friends and family, especially those with rural Cass roots?
11th Annual Totally Tables
The 11th Annual Totally Tables is Friday, April 13, 2018 at the St. Leo's Catholic Church Spirit of Life Center. The schedule for the evening in 2017 was...
- 5:30 to 6:30 - silent auction, table viewing, wine wall and cash bar
- 6:30 Dinner prepared by Hunter Cafe
- 7:15 - silent auction ends, program by Community of Care, paddle game (don't forget to bring cash - $10/game)
The evening ends with the entertaining live auction!
Tables sponsorship will be announced soon, which includes tickets for 8 people. Contact Lauren to reserve your table (701/967-8502) or email email@example.com
To sponsor a table...
- Select a theme from elegant to casual. Check out last year's pictures
- Decorate your table with table linens, plates, glasses, coffee cups and silverware to fit your theme. We provide a white tablecloth. Dinner is served on clear plastic plates, which we set on your dishes. Pie is served for dessert
- Provide a small token for your guests to fit the theme if you choose
- Consider bringing a bottle of wine for your guests - but they can also buy wine or beer or they can try their luck at the wine wall
- Consider donating your centerpiece or another item for the live auction. Due to time constraints, we ask live auction items to have a value or $100 or more
- We also need silent auction items, please consider donating something for the silent auction
- Have fun planning your table, inviting your guests and most of all ENJOY the evening
The picture is our 2016 People's Choice Award Winner - the Hunter Café, Deb Tarvestad.
THANK YOU to our 2017 $1,000 table sponsors listed below. THANK YOU to everyone who sponsored a table, donated an auction item, bought a cork at the wine wall, played the paddle game or purchased a silent or live auction item. With the generous support of many, Community of Care raised over $42,000 (gross) in 2017 for our mission in rural Cass County!
Thank you to these 2017 $1,000 table sponsors:
Cass County Farm Bureau
Casselton Community Medical Foundation
Dakota Medical Foundation
First State Bank of North Dakota
Maple River Grain
RDO - Casselton
Skunes Farms - Micki Skunes and Kevin & Betty Skunes
West Funeral Home
Classic Car & Bike Cruise
The 6th Annual Classic Car & Bike Cruise was Sunday, July 30th. The cruise began at the Casselton Veterinary Clinic (Highway 18 on south end of town)
10 AM - Registration
10:30 AM - Kickstands Up and Pedals Down
1 PM - Lunch at The Lunchbox Eatery in Fort Ransom
2:30 - Poker Run prizes at Sibley Crossing
There will be rest stops along the way. Fuel is available in Fort Ransom.
Thank you to our 2017 sponsors:
Casselton Community Medical Foundation
Polar Telephone - $500 sponsor
SWANKS Car Club - $500 sponsor
ADM Bean - $1,000 Sponsor
Casselton Community Medical Foundation - $1,000 sponsor
SWANKS Car Club
Casselton Cold Storage
Luther Family Buick GMC
Marv Haugen Enterprises
Prairie Winds Veterinary Clinic
Rush River Seed & Insurance
Cass County Mutual Insurance
Casselton Knights of Columbus
Casselton Veterinary Clinic
Farmer's Union Insurance - Waslien/Cramer
Davis Chiropractic - $50
Gordy's - door prize
Hardware Hank - door prize
Sturdevant's - door prize
Tammy Hursman, Heart & Hands Massage - door prize
Medicare Part D Drug Plan Enrollment
Medicare Part D Drug Plan Open Enrollment is October 15th - December 7th each year. We recommend everyone 65 and older review their plan each year as your prescriptions might have changed or the plans have changed. In 2017, appointments were provided in these locations - Arthur, Buffalo, Casselton, Harwood, Horace and Kindred. The average savings per client in 2017 was $482.
If you are turning 65, call our office for assistance in selecting your Medicare Part D drug plan (701/967-8502)
The annual Casselton Business Association Senior Day is WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 18TH, at the Spirit of Life Center at St. Leo's Catholic Church in Casselton. Community of Care is coordinating the programming for the event. There will be on "Livable Homes" by Susan Ray-Degges, NDSU Professor and "Fall Prevention" by Gwen Fraase, Community of Care Faith Community Nurse. Numerous groups will have displays with information relevant to aging adults. Casselton Drug provided flu shots from 9:30 - 11:30. The Cass County Sheriff's Department provided the Drug Take Back program.