Community of Care has several annual events. Be sure to check her often for details on those events.
11th Annual Totally Tables
The 11th Annual Totally Tables was held Friday, April 13, 2018 at the St. Leo's Catholic Church Spirit of Life Center. The schedule for the evening included..
- 5:30 to 6:30 - silent auction, table viewing, wine wall and cash bar
- 6:30 Dinner prepared by Page Cafe
- 7:15 - silent auction ends, program by Community of Care, paddle game (don't forget to bring cash - $10/game)
The evening ends with the entertaining live auction!
Tables sponsorship included tickets for 8 people. Tables were $240 each and there were 30 tables decorated for the evening. Contact Lauren to have your name added to next year's table sponsor request list (701/967-8502) or email email@example.com
To sponsor a table...
- Select a theme from elegant to casual. Click here to see pictures from 2018
- Decorate your table with table linens, plates, glasses, coffee cups and silverware to fit your theme. We provide a white tablecloth. Dinner is served on clear plastic plates, which we set on your dishes. Pie is served for dessert
- Provide a small token for your guests to fit the theme if you choose
- Consider bringing a bottle of wine for your guests - but they can also buy wine or beer or they can try their luck at the wine wall
- Consider donating your centerpiece or another item for the live auction. Due to time constraints, we ask live auction items to have a value or $100 or more
- We also need silent auction items, please consider donating something for the silent auction
- Have fun planning your table, inviting your guests and most of all ENJOY the evening
The picture is our 2018 People's Choice Award Winner - West Funeral Homes & Life Tribute Center
THANK YOU to our 2018 $1,000 table sponsors - their logos are displayed below
Cass County Farm Bureau
Casselton Community Medical Foundation
Dakota Medical Foundation
Elm River Credit Union
First State Bank of North Dakota
Maple River Grain
RDO - Casselton
West Funeral Homes & Life Tribute Center
Classic Car & Bike Cruise
The 6th Annual Classic Car & Bike Cruise was Sunday, July 30th. The cruise began at the Casselton Veterinary Clinic (Highway 18 on south end of town)
10 AM - Registration
10:30 AM - Kickstands Up and Pedals Down
1 PM - Lunch at The Lunchbox Eatery in Fort Ransom
2:30 - Poker Run prizes at Sibley Crossing
There will be rest stops along the way. Fuel is available in Fort Ransom.
Thank you to our 2017 sponsors:
Casselton Community Medical Foundation
Polar Telephone - $500 sponsor
SWANKS Car Club - $500 sponsor
ADM Bean - $1,000 Sponsor
Casselton Community Medical Foundation - $1,000 sponsor
SWANKS Car Club
Casselton Cold Storage
Luther Family Buick GMC
Marv Haugen Enterprises
Prairie Winds Veterinary Clinic
Rush River Seed & Insurance
Cass County Mutual Insurance
Casselton Knights of Columbus
Casselton Veterinary Clinic
Farmer's Union Insurance - Waslien/Cramer
Davis Chiropractic - $50
Gordy's - door prize
Hardware Hank - door prize
Sturdevant's - door prize
Tammy Hursman, Heart & Hands Massage - door prize
Medicare Part D Drug Plan Enrollment
Medicare Part D Drug Plan Open Enrollment is October 15th - December 7th each year. We recommend everyone 65 and older review their plan each year as your prescriptions might have changed or the plans have changed. In 2017, appointments were provided in these locations - Arthur, Buffalo, Casselton, Harwood, Horace and Kindred. The average savings per client in 2017 was $500
If you are turning 65, call our office for assistance in selecting your Medicare Part D drug plan (701/967-8502). Our Care Coordinator, Lauren Prante, assists individuals turning 65 at any time throughout the year.
The annual Casselton Business Association Senior Day was WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 18TH, at the Spirit of Life Center at St. Leo's Catholic Church in Casselton. Community of Care coordinated the programming for the event. In 2017, the presentations were "Livable Homes" by Susan Ray-Degges, NDSU Professor and "Fall Prevention" by Gwen Fraase, Community of Care Faith Community Nurse. Numerous groups had displays with information relevant to aging adults. Casselton Drug provided flu shots from 9:30 - 11:30. The Cass County Sheriff's Department provided the Drug Take Back program.
Giving Hearts Day
THANK YOU to everyone who made a donation on Giving Hearts Day 2018. Your support on Feb. 8th will assist a "Grandma or Grandpa" continue to live in the rural Cass home and community they love and cherish. We exceeded our goal thanks to donations from 290 individuals!
Giving Hearts Day 2019 is on Valentine's Day, Feb. 14, 2019. Can we COUNT on you to make a donation next year on Giving Hearts Day?
Will you SHARE this with friends and family, especially those with rural Cass roots?