Medicare Part D Drug Plan Enrollment
Medicare Part D Drug Plan Open Enrollment is October 15th - December 7th each year. We recommend everyone 65 and older review their plan each year as your prescriptions might have changed or the plans have changed. In 2020, appointments are provided in our Arthur and Casselton offices. Masks are required, social distancing is adhered to and we cleanse between appointments. In 2019, the average savings was $296/person.
You need to schedule your appointment. Call either of our offices 967-8502 (Arthur) or 347-0032 (Casselton) to schedule your appointment.
If you are turning 65, call our office for assistance in selecting your Medicare Part D drug plan (701/967-8502). Our Care Coordinator, Lauren Prante, assists individuals turning 65 at any time throughout the year.
Community of Care has several annual events. Be sure to check her often for details on those events.
Classic Car & Bike Cruise
The 9th Annual Classic Car & Bike Cruise was held on Saturday, September 12th. The cruise began at the Casselton Reservoir (north side off Highway 10). Masks were required at registration and social distancing was required during the cruise. Stops included the Nome School, Kathryn and Lisbon (with a gas stop). Lunch was be in Mcleod. Poker Run prizes will be announced at the end of the cruise.
Thank you to our 2020 sponsors:
- Casselton Community Medical Foundation
- SWANKS Car Club
ADM Bean - $1,000 Sponsor
BankNorth - $1,000 sponsor
Casselton Community Medical Foundation - $1,000 sponsor
SWANKS Car Club - $1,000 sponsor
- Earls' Repair
- Jerry's Excavating
- Casselton Veteran's Incorporated Charity Fund
- Casselton Cold Storage
- Chaffee Lions
- Howe Seed
- Hunter Grain
- Holt Landscaping
Casselton Cold Storage
Howe Seed Farm - Jim, Gwen, Michael and Virginia Howe
- Casselton Veterinary Clinic
- Davis Chiropractic
- Harley Davidson of Fargo
- Luther Family GMC
- Polar Communications
Door Prize Sponsors
- Hardware Hank
Casselton Veterinary Service, Inc.
Harley Davidson Fargo
Luther Family Buick-GMC
13th Annual Totally Tables
The 13th annual Totally Tables was postponed due to Covid - 19 and transitioned to an online event on July 28th. Totally Tables provides 20% of our annual income, so it was important for us to reschedule.
We look forward to our 14th annual event in April or May of 2021.
Totally Tables is held at the St. Leo's Catholic Church Spirit of Life Center. The schedule for the evening included.
- 5:30 to 6:30 - silent auction, table viewing, wine wall ($20 per cork) and cash bar (this is a 21 and older event)
- 6:30 Dinner served
- 7:15 - silent auction ends, program by Community of Care, paddle game (don't forget to bring cash - $10/game)
The evening ends with the entertaining live auction! There were 15 items on the live auction and the "Fund A Need" Auction. Participants will be able to bid to sponsor an hour, a day or a week of Community of Care's services caring for "Grandmas and Grandpas" in rural Cass County!
Tables sponsorship included tickets for 8 people. There are 30 tables available for the evening. To sponsor a table, call our office 967-9502 or email email@example.com
Sponsoring a table involves
- Selecting a theme from elegant to casual. Click here to see pictures from 2019
- Decorating your table with table linens, plates, glasses, coffee cups and silverware to fit your theme. We provide a white tablecloth. Dinner is served on clear plastic plates, which we set on your dishes. Pie is served for dessert
- Provide a small token for your guests to fit the theme if you choose
- Consider bringing a bottle of wine for your guests - but they can also buy wine or beer or they can try their luck at the wine wall
- Consider sponsoring an item for the live auction. Contact us to learn more 701/967-8502
- We also need silent auction items, please consider donating something for the silent auction
- Have fun planning your table, inviting your guests and most of all ENJOY the evening
The picture is our 2019 People's Choice Award Winner - Arthur United Methodist Church
THANK YOU to our 2020 $1,000 table sponsors - their logos are displayed below. Even though our 2020 Totally Tables became a virtual event, these businesses and organizations continued to provide their support and partnership in our mission.
Cass County Farm Bureau
Casselton Community Medical Foundation
Dakota Medical Foundation
Elm River Credit Union
Maple River Grain
RDO - Casselton
West Funeral Homes & Life Tribute Center
Giving Hearts Day
THANK YOU to everyone who made a donation on Giving Hearts Day 2019. Your support assisted "Grandmas and Grandpas" continue to live in the rural Cass home and community they love and cherish. We raised 120% of our goal, thanks to 290 donors! Your gifts are making a difference in the lives of older adults in rural Cass.
Giving Hearts Day 2020 is Thursday, Feb. 13, 2020. Can we COUNT on you to make a donation next year on Giving Hearts Day?
Will you SHARE this with friends and family, especially those with rural Cass roots?
The annual Casselton Business Association Senior Day was cancelled due to Covid-19. We look forward to the 2021 event next October. Community of Care coordinates the programming and displays. Watch for details in late summer 2021.