Community of Care has several annual events. Be sure to check her often for details on those events.
14th Annual Totally Tables
Our 14th annual Totally Tables is scheduled for Thursday, August 5, 2021. The event will be held at the Spirit of Life Center - St. Leo's Catholic Church in Casselton. Totally Tables provides 20% of our annual income - we are excited to host an in-person event! The health and safety of attendees is of the utmost importance - we will follow CDC guidelines.
Totally Tables is held at the St. Leo's Catholic Church Spirit of Life Center. The schedule for the evening included.
- 5:30 to 6:30 - silent auction, table viewing, wine wall ($20 per cork) and cash bar (this is a 21 and older event)
- 6:30 Dinner served
- 7:15 - silent auction ends, program by Community of Care, paddle game (don't forget to bring cash - $10/game)
The evening ends with the entertaining live auction! There will be 12 - 15 items on the live auction and the "Fund A Need" Auction. Participants will be able to bid to sponsor an hour, a day or a week of Community of Care's services caring for "Grandmas and Grandpas" in rural Cass County!
Tables sponsorship included tickets for 8 people. There are 30 tables available for the evening. To sponsor a table, call our office 967-9502 or email email@example.com
Sponsoring a table involves
- Selecting a theme from elegant to casual. Click here to see pictures from 2019
- Decorating your table with table linens, plates, glasses, coffee cups and silverware to fit your theme. We provide a white tablecloth. Dinner is served on clear plastic plates, which we set on your dishes. Pie is served for dessert
- Provide a small token for your guests to fit the theme if you choose
- Consider bringing a bottle of wine for your guests - but they can also buy wine or beer or they can try their luck at the wine wall
- Consider sponsoring an item for the live auction. Contact us to learn more 701/967-8502
- We also need silent auction items, please consider donating something for the silent auction
- Have fun planning your table, inviting your guests and most of all ENJOY the evening
THANK YOU to our 2021 $1,000 table sponsors - their logos are displayed below.
Cass County Farm Bureau
Casselton Community Medical Foundation
Dakota Medical Foundation
Elm River Credit Union
Maple River Grain
Classic Car & Bike Cruise
The 10th Annual Classic Car & Bike Cruise is scheduled for Sunday, July 25th. Click HERE for all the details and to pre-register.
Thank you to our 2021 sponsors:
- ADM Bean
- Casselton Community Medical
- Swanks Car Club
ADM Bean - $1,000 Sponsor
BankNorth - $1,000 sponsor
Casselton Community Medical Foundation - $1,000 sponsor
SWANKS Car Club - $1,000 sponsor
- Casselton Knights of Columbus
- Casselton Veteran's Incorporated
- Earls' Repair
- Peterson Farm Seed
- Petro Serve USA
- Pizza Ranch - Casselton
- Prairie Winds Veterinary Clinic
Peterson Farm Seed
Petro Serve USA
Prairie Winds Veterinary
- Casselton Cold Storage
- Chaffee Lions
- Howe Seed
- Hunter Grain
- Moore Engineering
- Weber Insurance
Casselton Cold Storage - $250 sponsor
Howe Seed Farm - Jim, Gwen, Michael and Virginia Howe - $250 sponsor
- Cass County Mutual
- Casselton Veterinary Clinic
- Davis Chiropractic
- DJ Plumbing
- Farmer's Union Insurance - Waslien/Cramer
- Nepstad Oil
- Polar Telephone
- Unity Seed
Cass County Mutual
Casselton Veterinary Service, Inc.
Davis Chiropractic - $100 sponsor
Farmer's Union Insurance - Waslien/Cramer Agency
Poker Run Prize Sponsors
- To be announced
Giving Hearts Day
THANK YOU to everyone who made a donation on Giving Hearts Day 2021. We were humbled by the response on Giving Hearts Day. We saw a 35% increase in the number of donors and in the funds raised to support our mission. All donations are at work helping older adults remain in the rural homes and communities they love as long as safely possible. Through social work/care coordination, Faith Community Nurse services, Volunteer Programming and Education/Support we assist older adults continue to say, "There's no place like HOME in rural Cass County>"
Giving Hearts Day 2021 is Thursday, Feb. 10, 2022 - mark your calendars! Can we COUNT on you to make a donation next year on Giving Hearts Day?
The annual Casselton Business Association Senior Day was cancelled due to Covid-19. We are starting to plan for the 2021 event, which is scheduled for Tuesday, October 12th. Check back for more information on location, time, speakers, etc.
Medicare Part D Drug Plan Enrollment
Medicare Part D Drug Plan Open Enrollment is October 15th - December 7th each year. We recommend everyone 65 and older review their plan each year as your prescriptions might have changed or the plans have changed. In 2020, appointments were provided in our Arthur and Casselton offices. Masks were required, social distancing was adhered to and we cleansed between appointments. In 2020, we served 315 individuals and the average savings was $260/person.
You need to schedule your appointment. Call either of our offices 967-8502 (Arthur) or 347-0032 (Casselton) to schedule your appointment.
If you are turning 65, call our office for assistance in selecting your Medicare Part D drug plan (701/967-8502). Our Care Coordinator, Lauren Prante, assists individuals turning 65 at any time throughout the year.