Community of Care has several annual events. Be sure to check her often for details on those events.
Classic Car & Bike Cruise
The 8th Annual Classic Car & Bike Cruise is Sunday, July 28th. The cruise begins at the Casselton Veterinary Clinic and travels south. Lunch will be at the Leonard Golf Course, followed by a cruise to the west and north. We end the cruise at Cottonwood Cider House near Ayr. Poker Run prizes will be announced at the end of the cruise. All cars and bikes are welcome to join us for a Sunday afternoon cruise - you just need to be able to drive 60 mph.
Thank you to our 2019 sponsors:
- Casselton Community Medical Foundation
- SWANKS Car Club
ADM Bean - $1,000 Sponsor
BankNorth - $1,000 sponsor
Casselton Community Medical Foundation - $1,000 sponsor
SWANKS Car Club - $1,000 sponsor
- Jerry's Excavating
- Casselton Cold Storage
- Chaffee Lions
- Howe Seed
- Hunter Grain
- Kaufman Construction
- Prairie Winds Veterinary Clinic
- Weber Insurance
Casselton Cold Storage
Howe Seed Farm - Jim, Gwen, Michael and Virginia Howe
Prairie Winds Veterinary Center
- Car Doctor
- Holt Landscapting
- Luther Family Buick - GMC
- Bud's Electric
- Cass County Mutual Insurance
- Casselton Veterinary Clinic
- Davis Chiropractic
- DJ's Plumbing & Heating
- Farmer's Union Insurance - Waslien/Cramer Agency
- Harley Davidson of Fargo
- Polar Communications
- Rehab 4 Life
Door Prize Sponsors
- Hardware Hank
Luther Family Buick-GMC
Cass County Mutual
Casselton Veterinary Service, Inc.
Farmer's Union Insurance - Waslien/Cramer Agency
Harley Davidson Fargo
Rehab 4 Life
12th Annual Totally Tables
The 12th Annual Totally Tables was Friday, April 26, 2019 at the St. Leo's Catholic Church Spirit of Life Center. The schedule for the evening included.
- 5:30 to 6:30 - silent auction, table viewing, wine wall ($20 per cork) and cash bar
- 6:30 Dinner prepared by Hunter Cafe and served by Casselton FCA
- 7:15 - silent auction ends, program by Community of Care, paddle game (don't forget to bring cash - $10/game)
The evening ends with the entertaining live auction! There were 16 items on the live auction and new this year was the "Fund A Need" Auction. Participants bid to sponsor an hour, a day or a week of Community of Care's services caring for "Grandmas and Grandpas" in rural Cass County!
Tables sponsorship included tickets for 8 people. Tables were $240 each and there were 30 tables available for the evening.
Sponsoring a table involves
- Selecting a theme from elegant to casual. Click here to see pictures from 2019
- Decorating your table with table linens, plates, glasses, coffee cups and silverware to fit your theme. We provide a white tablecloth. Dinner is served on clear plastic plates, which we set on your dishes. Pie is served for dessert
- Provide a small token for your guests to fit the theme if you choose
- Consider bringing a bottle of wine for your guests - but they can also buy wine or beer or they can try their luck at the wine wall
- Consider sponsoring an item for the live auction. Contact us to learn more 701/967-8502
- We also need silent auction items, please consider donating something for the silent auction
- Have fun planning your table, inviting your guests and most of all ENJOY the evening
The picture is our 2019 People's Choice Award Winner - Arthur United Methodist Church
THANK YOU to our 2019 $1,000 table sponsors - their logos are displayed below
Cass County Farm Bureau
Casselton Community Medical Foundation
Dakota Medical Foundation
Elm River Credit Union
Maple River Grain
RDO - Casselton
West Funeral Homes & Life Tribute Center
Giving Hearts Day
THANK YOU to everyone who made a donation on Giving Hearts Day 2019. Your support assisted "Grandmas and Grandpas" continue to live in the rural Cass home and community they love and cherish. We raised 120% of our goal, thanks to 290 donors! Your gifts are making a difference in the lives of older adults in rural Cass.
Giving Hearts Day 2020 is Thursday, Feb. 13, 2020. Can we COUNT on you to make a donation next year on Giving Hearts Day?
Will you SHARE this with friends and family, especially those with rural Cass roots?
The annual Casselton Business Association Senior Day was held on WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2018, at the Spirit of Life Center at St. Leo's Catholic Church in Casselton. Community of Care coordinated the programming for the event. Nikki Johnson, Community Health and Nutrition Specialist with NDSU Extension gave a presentation, "A Healthy You." Tonya Hetzler with the Consumer Protection and Antitrust Division of the North Dakota Attorney General's Office gave the presentation, "Don't Get Scammed." Displays provided information relevant to aging adults. Casselton Drug provided flu shots. The Cass County Sheriff's Department provided the Drug Take Back program. Hardware Hank, Gordy's and Maple River Grain helped sponsor the meal to keep the cost at a minimum. The next CBA Senior Day will be held in October 2019.
Medicare Part D Drug Plan Enrollment
Medicare Part D Drug Plan Open Enrollment is October 15th - December 7th each year. We recommend everyone 65 and older review their plan each year as your prescriptions might have changed or the plans have changed. In 2018, appointments will be provided in these locations - Arthur, Buffalo, Casselton, Harwood, Horace and Kindred. The average savings per client in 2017 was $500
You need to schedule an appointment. Call either of our offices 967-8502 (Arthur) or 347-0032 (Casselton) to schedule your appointment.
- Oct. 15 - Dec. 7th in Arthur and Casselton
- Buffalo - Thursday & Friday, Nov. 8th & 9th at Anchor Ingredients
- Harwood - Thursday & Friday, Oct. 25th & 26th at Harwood Community Center
- Horace - Thursday & Friday, Nov. 1st & 2nd at Horace Lutheran Church
- Kindred - Thursday & Friday, Nov. 15th & 16th at Kindred Lutheran Church
If you are turning 65, call our office for assistance in selecting your Medicare Part D drug plan (701/967-8502). Our Care Coordinator, Lauren Prante, assists individuals turning 65 at any time throughout the year.