- Staff can assist with a variety of needs, such as financial assistance, equipment needs, housing, in-home services, support services, legal issues, medical needs, mental health/dementia, nutrition, transportation, and taxes. Trained staff answer questions, provide information, make referrals, arrange for services, and complete paperwork.
State Health Insurance Counseling (SHIC)
- Staff are trained and certified as SHIC Counselors through the North Dakota Department of Insurance. The service provides confidential help with Medicare (including Part D Drug Plans), Medicaid, other health insurance, and long-term care insurance. Assistance is also provided with completing paperwork and understanding statements from hospital stays and clinic/doctor visits.
- For those persons needing more help, professional staff can coordinate services, provide assistance with day-to-day finances, make arrangements for medical appointments, communicate with family members, and much more.
- Home visits are made by staff to homebound persons.
Advance Care Plans
- Trained staff assist clients to complete their Advance Care Plans and submit to health care facilities
- Social interaction is important for older adults health. Staff facilitate socialization events for area seniors.